Bassmaster Elite Series Pro, Chris Groh, breaks down how to tie the simplest and strongest knot in fishing. The Palomar knot can be tied with braid, fluorocarbon, and monofilament lines. Here are the simple steps to tying this knot…
- Thread your line through the eye of the hook
- Bring the line back through the eye of the hook, towards the original direction. This leads to the line being “doubled” through the eye of the hook
- Tie an overhand knot with the tag ends
- The result of the overhand knot will leave a small loop. Put the bait or hook through that loop.
- Cinch the knot. To reduce friction, wet the knot and pull it snug
- You’re ready to go fishing!